A goat and its owner were taken in police custody in Chhattisgarh’s Koriya district, allegedly for trespassing and damaging the property of a judge “despite repeated warnings”. Police officers confirmed the arrest of Abdul Hasan (40), neighbour of judicial magistrate H Ratre in the district’s Janakpur town under sections 447(trespass) and 427(mischief causing damage) and said the goat had been detained too.
Hasan was later let off on bail, officers said. The goat too was released.
Janakpur SHO R S Paikra said the goat often strayed to the bungalow of the magistrate and Hasan, his owner, had been warned several times in this connection. “There was damage to the garden and residents of the bungalow often objected. Even police warned Hasan several times. When the goat kept straying into the judge’s residence, a complaint was filed,” he said.
Surguja IG Dipanshu Kabra said the police followed laid down procedures. “A complaint was filed, which the SHO had to take cognizance of it. The sections of the complaint were of mischief and trespass, which upon investigation were found to be true. So a case was registered and appropriate action was taken. Since the offence is bailable, the accused was later let off,” he said.
Following his arrest, Hasan initially refused bail. Even a warrant was prepared, before senior police officers intervened and he was released on bail after being produced before the tehsildar.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
The Congress called the incident a “farce”. “The arrest of a goat is ridiculous. Chhattisgarh police has made fun of themselves. Those accused in serious crimes are roaming free,” said party leader Shailesh Nitin Trivedi.