Every time we see people fighting on the roads or people just walking past a man lying on the road sick, we think to ourselves how humanity and compassion for others have become things of the past. But time and again, there are heartwarming incidents that take place around us and prove us wrong.
Tanvi Jain, a Pune resident saw an ATM security guard frantically looking for his lost bicycle on October 1. In a Facebook post, Jain wrote to people in the city requesting them to donate a spare cycle for the man, who was almost in tears trying to find it. She asked if anyone from NIBM /Nyati/Wanowrie or Kondwa had a spare cycle to donate, to get in touch with her.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
What followed was a massive positive response that Jain never expected. “I never imagined the response would be on such a major scale. I received more than 250-300 messages in my FB inbox, from perfect strangers,” Jain told BuzzFeed.
Within just three days, the security guard got a brand new cycle, thanks to the Pune girl’s Facebook post. Along with Jain, a cafe contributed to buy the guard his swanky new vehicle and Jain says, he hasn’t stopped smiling yet!
Imagine the happiness that a mere act of kindness can spread!