The bittersweet friendship between British journalist Piers Morgan and cricketer Virender Sehwag continues on Twitter as was apparent when Morgan corrected Sehwag’s grammar on his tweet about India Vs England Kabaddi match. So, India defeated England with 69-18 during the Kabaddi World Cup on October 18 and Sehwag, being Twitter-savvy as he is, wished the team on the micro-blogging site, taking a jibe at England. “England loose in a World Cup again.Only the sport changes.This time it’s Kabaddi. India thrash them 69-18.All the best for semis #INDvENG,” he tweeted.
Morgan, who seems to be closely following Sehwag, retweeted his tweet with a correction. “It’s lose,” he wrote.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
It’s not the first time Morgan has tried to engage Sehwag into a controversial conversation. Remember when he bet 1 million dollars to charity on England winning an ODI World Cup before India wins another Olympic Gold medal? “Hi @virendersehwag, I bet you 1 million rupees to charity that England wins a ODI World Cup before India wins another Olympic Gold. Accept?” he tweeted. Sehwag didn’t respond, but his parody account won the Internet when the person tweeted, “India Already Has 9 #Gold Medals, England Has Zero WC. As Far As Charity Is Concerned, You Already Owe Us Kohinoor. #ENGvPAK”.
Twitter, however, is an unforgiving place ad as soon as Morgan turned grammar Nazi on Sehwag, his fans couldn’t stop but troll the journalist.
— SIDAARRTH SHINDE (@sidaarrthshinde) October 18, 2016
— PK (@naam_pk) October 18, 2016
— Kruti (@kruti101) October 18, 2016
— Drunk BATMAN (@Caped_Humor) October 18, 2016
— Prathamesh Shende (@Pratz2106) October 18, 2016
— Amit Achhpal (@sindhisindhi19) October 18, 2016
Well, who better to ask for the spelling of ‘lose’ than an English Cricket Fan. http://t.co/k1HynTouwB
— The-Lying-Lama (@KyaUkhaadLega) October 18, 2016
Have something to add to this story? Tell us in the comments below.