The bittersweet friendship between British journalist Piers Morgan and cricketer Virender Sehwag continues on Twitter as was apparent when Morgan corrected Sehwag’s grammar on his tweet about India Vs England Kabaddi match. So, India defeated England with 69-18 during the Kabaddi World Cup on October 18 and Sehwag, being Twitter-savvy as he is, wished the team on the micro-blogging site, taking a jibe at England. “England loose in a World Cup again.Only the sport changes.This time it’s Kabaddi. India thrash them 69-18.All the best for semis #INDvENG,” he tweeted.
Morgan, who seems to be closely following Sehwag, retweeted his tweet with a correction. “It’s lose,” he wrote.
It’s not the first time Morgan has tried to engage Sehwag into a controversial conversation. Remember when he bet 1 million dollars to charity on England winning an ODI World Cup before India wins another Olympic Gold medal? “Hi @virendersehwag, I bet you 1 million rupees to charity that England wins a ODI World Cup before India wins another Olympic Gold. Accept?” he tweeted. Sehwag didn’t respond, but his parody account won the Internet when the person tweeted, “India Already Has 9 #Gold Medals, England Has Zero WC. As Far As Charity Is Concerned, You Already Owe Us Kohinoor. #ENGvPAK”.
Twitter, however, is an unforgiving place ad as soon as Morgan turned grammar Nazi on Sehwag, his fans couldn’t stop but troll the journalist.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
— SIDAARRTH SHINDE (@sidaarrthshinde) October 18, 2016
— PK (@naam_pk) October 18, 2016
— Kruti (@kruti101) October 18, 2016
— Drunk BATMAN (@Caped_Humor) October 18, 2016
— Prathamesh Shende (@Pratz2106) October 18, 2016
— Amit Achhpal (@sindhisindhi19) October 18, 2016
Well, who better to ask for the spelling of ‘lose’ than an English Cricket Fan. http://t.co/k1HynTouwB
— The-Lying-Lama (@KyaUkhaadLega) October 18, 2016
Have something to add to this story? Tell us in the comments below.