Hollywood actor Pierce Brosnan who got massively trolled on social media after appearing in an ad Pan Bahar, a Pan masala, released a statement on October 20 stating that the company falsely presented him as the brand ambassador of its entire product line and he had no idea he was endorsing something that would harm someone’s health. Reportedly, the contact mentioned he was endorsing a “breath freshener/tooth whitener”.
“Having endured, in my own personal life, the loss of my first wife and daughter as well as numerous friends to cancer, I am fully committed to supporting women’s healthcare and research programs that improve human health and alleviate suffering,” his statement read. The actor famous for his role as MI6 agent in the James Bond series, demanded to be removed from all the ads and campaign for Pan Bahar.
When the ad went viral on social media, some actually questioned if he knew what exactly he was selling. Though, later the company came forward to clear the air and stated that Pan Bahar had no tobacco content in it.
After his statement, however, people on haven’t spared him for claiming he didn’t know what he was selling. “Poor old #PierceBrosnan. Must be dark days when you blindly sign a contract without reading what it is you’re lending your mug for,” wrote a user.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
Pierce Brosnan says he didn’t know reality of Pan Bahar before he signed up to advertise. Sounds like a Delhi resident who voted for AAP.
— Rahul Roushan (@rahulroushan) October 20, 2016
Pierce Brosnan was told that #PanBahar was a mouth freshener/tooth whitener. Sad that the British secret service didn’t validate it. :(
— Atul Bhushan (@iAtulBhushan) October 21, 2016
Poor old #PierceBrosnan. Must be dark days when you blindly sign a contract without reading what it is you’re lending your mug for.
— Hayden Scott (@ScottSaab) October 21, 2016
Pierce Brosnan: Apologies, I Didn’t Know What I Was Selling!
Delhi Voters: Apologies, Even We Didn’t Know Who We Are Choosing. ;) pic.twitter.com/F03EP2fxXs
Tourist Guide: You see the Taj Mahal. Do you know why it’s so white?
Pierce Brosnan : Shahjahan used to eat Paan Bahar?
*guide hugs him*
— Sahil Shah (@SahilBulla) October 21, 2016
Pierce Brosnan will soon find out that the “Shaken but not stirred Martini” he was having all these years was actually
— Gabbbar (@GabbbarSingh) October 21, 2016
Pierce Brosnan thought he was endorsing a, “tooth whitener.”
Pan Bahar does whiten your teeth.
They fall out.
Then you get brand new ones.
— Sorabh Pant (@hankypanty) October 21, 2016
Pierce Brosnan may as well have said that he did the ad because he is tired of Rahul Gandhi’s weak leadership.
— Rohan (@mojorojo) October 21, 2016
Pierce Brosnan thought Pan Bahar as a “Tooth Whitener”
Which Dentist you consulted Man?
How a Bond can be soo innocent before signing bond!
— Lazy Cat (@DenNehaS) October 21, 2016
Pierce Brosnan says abt Pan Bahar that he didn’t know what he was selling.
Also, Kejriwal before becoming CM didn’t know CM has no power.
— Keh Ke Peheno (@coolfunnytshirt) October 21, 2016
Have something to add to this story? Tell us in the comments below.