Indians seem to be divided on the issue of whether Pakistani actors should leave the country or not after the Maharashtra Navnirman Sena threat asking them to go back. The threat came a few days after the Uri attack in which at least 19 Indian soldiers were killed. But veteran actor Om Puri belongs to the school of thought that asking Pakistani artistes to leave the country will not solve the problem. He said, “Who had asked the soldiers to join the army? Who told them to pick the weapons?” which, as expected, didn’t go down well with many on social media.
In addition to this statement, Puri suggested that India should prepare 15-20 suicide bombers and send them to Pakistan.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
“Do you want India-Pakistan enmity to turn like Israel and Palestine, and fight for ages? India is home to crores of Muslims, there is no point in proving them for war. Several Indians have their relatives staying across the border and vice-versa, how can they fight a war with their cross-border families,” he said during a debate on the leading news TV channel.
A police complaint has been filed against Puri at the Andheri police station in Mumbai for being insensitive towards the soldiers who lost their lives for the country.
Amid those who slammed Puri was his co-worker Anupam Kher, who said he was hurt by his statement.
— Anupam Kher (@AnupamPkher) October 4, 2016
Here are what others had to say:
Never thought someone like Om Puri ji would make such a shameful comment. Sad. This is so heartbreaking. pic.twitter.com/lBPrsQLft2
— Babu Bhaiyaa (@Babu_Bhaiyaa) October 3, 2016
Om Puri – Kisne Kaha Ki Army Join Karo. Insult to our martyrs. Never expected this from him, who even played role of soldier in Lakshya film
— Anshul Saxena (@AskAnshul) October 3, 2016
— Sir Ravindra Jadeja (@SirJadejaaaa) October 3, 2016
Unbelievable that such person even exist in public life.
— ☼ B Raj ☼ (@betki) October 4, 2016
— Manish Singh Thakur (@mst229) October 3, 2016
— B Hari (@harsha99) October 4, 2016
Probable candidate for the next season of Big Boss #OmPuri
— commonlyrare (@jayshanx) October 4, 2016
— Bhawna (@CrazZy___B) October 4, 2016
Which side of this debate do you stand on? Tell us in the comments below.