The Information and Broadcast ministry declared that Hindi news channel NDTV India will be taken off-air on November 9 for their reporting on Pathankot attack because it allegedly compromised national security. Ever since the ban was announced, people from within the media and otherwise have voiced their opinion against it.
On the much-awaited Prime Time on November 4, anchor Ravish Kumar who’s known to pull brave stunts on his show called mime artists to send a strong message on what happens when the authority is asked questions. His show was a massive hit on social media and ever since it was aired yesterday, Ravish Kumar has been dominating Indian Internet. He was trending yesterday and his phrase used during the show ‘Bagon Main Bahar Hai’ is trending today. Ravish asked the mime actors who were portrayed as ‘authority’ if he can ask them as simple a question as “Bagon main bahar hai?”
This is not the first time Ravish has come up with an innovative Prime Time in protest, he had also drawn praise after a special episode questioning the ‘sensational’ style of reporting by news channels during the JNU episode wherein he kept his screen black spoke a rather lengthy monologue.
Using the hashtag #बागों_में_बहार_है people are calling out on the government.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
— History of India (@RealHistoryPic) November 5, 2016
#बागों_में_बहार_है नेता जी अपनी हरकतों से लाचार है, चल नहीं पायी जब चाय की दूकान, फर्जी राष्ट्रवादी का चोला ओठ बने नेता महान !
— चच्चा रवीश (@RoflRavish) November 5, 2016
— Shirish Kunder (@ShirishKunder) November 5, 2016
Let’s take a moment to appreciate the literary genius Ravish too. The artistic quotient of his show was mesmerizing. #बागों_में_बहार_है
— Scotchy (@scotchism) November 5, 2016
अडानी अम्बानी इनका यार है
टाटा बोले तो यह अत्याचार है
माल्या अबतक फरार है
केजरीवाल के नाम से ही बुखार है
— Rahis Khan (@rahiskhan77) November 5, 2016
Q:- How make country secure.
A:- Let’s ban the news channel. #बागों_में_बहार_है
— Intolerant Pandey (@manish_leo) November 5, 2016
Modi government after watching Ravish’s prime time. 😂😂
— Amit Mishra (@Amitjanhit) November 5, 2016
— Keshav Jee (@aamaadmi88) November 4, 2016
Have something to add to the story? Tell us in the comments below.