Mahendra Singh Dhoni is a legend and we all know that. His cricket is pure magic and he proved it yet again yesterday during India’s fourth One-Day International against New Zealand at his home-town Ranchi. He caught the ball from Dhaval Kulkarni and without even looking at the stumps, hit the ball on point. Ross Taylor out!
Soon video clips of the Indian captain’s amazing run-out was shared widely on social media platforms. In fact, this video of Dhoni sweeping his magic went viral on social media especially after BCCI tweeted it with the caption, “Watch the Mahi magic on loop #INDvNZ”. And in case you thought this was a one-off thing, think again! Believe it or not, the skipper pulled an equally amazing stunt just earlier this year against Bangladesh when he manages a Usain Bolt-like dash to run out Mustafizur Rahman on March 23. In fact, according to reports, Dhoni ran 13m in 2 seconds, which is faster than the fastest man on Earth!
So, not many were really suprised that Dhoni could pull off hitting the stumps without so much as a glance. Legendary, you say? Well, Twitterati concur. Much like the March run-out, when the Net was full of Dhoni-Bolt memes and jokes, this time around there was an equal amount of buzz as well.
And that’s twice in two days, mind you! Just a day before, Dhoni had created quite a stir online because of a fabulously timed photo that had gone viral. It was the wicketkeeper driving his Hummer like a boss, as New Zealand players gawked at him and his ride from the official bus just beside it.
But we digress, let’s revel in Twitterati’s celebration of Dhoni’s ‘blind’ run out first. Sample these:
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
How guys Right Swipe on Tinder.pic.twitter.com/aiaVLlYkr0
— Sand-d Singh (@Sand_In_Deed) October 26, 2016
Dhoni hit the stumps without even looking at them, problem is this is exactly how he bats too.
— Maithun chaiwala (@Being_Humor) October 27, 2016
Sakshi: surprise me
Dhoni: *throws Ziva into the cradle without looking*
— Sense of tumor (@dashhtweets) October 27, 2016
Never play poker with Dhoni.
He always plays blind.
— Sahil Shah (@SahilBulla) October 26, 2016
With this Christopher Nolan signed Dhoni for the sequel of ‘The Prestige’ to be named ‘The Prestige – Magic Continues’ pic.twitter.com/BJeQb2vfv9
— Ra_Bies (@Ra_Bies) October 26, 2016
With this accuracy of Dhoni I am sure Modi ji took his help for carrying out surgical strike.pic.twitter.com/aSBipeQdxz
— The Viral Fever (@TheViralFever) October 26, 2016
Dhoni can get you run out without even looking at stump. He can also find the right switch even if the light is off. Legend !
— Silly Point (@FarziCricketer) October 26, 2016
Other Players Know Where The Fielder’s Are…
Dhoni Knows Where The Stumps Are !!#IndvsNZ
— Babu Bhaiya (@Shahrcasm) October 26, 2016
After all this, if you’ve got the sudden urge to admire the man in action yet again, here’s a video clip:
And, like we said, just a day ahead of the match, Dhoni’s picture driving his hummer while the Kiwis gawking at him went viral. The team was in Dhoni’s hometown Ranchi for the ODI and travelling on a bus while he rode his Hummer. The reaction of New Zealand Players was priceless. That’s what we call jaw-drop. And here’s how Twitterati enjoyed that.
— Deeksha. (@Mahii7_) October 25, 2016
New Zealand players reaction when Dhoni was driving a Hummer 😉 pic.twitter.com/pLdF8zKjGd
— Broken Cricket (@BrokenCricket) October 25, 2016
— MANISH AGARWAL (@mightymanish89) October 25, 2016
MS Dhoni is driving with an air of swagger around him
— Sarang Bhalerao (@bhaleraosarang) October 25, 2016
Have something to add to that? Tell us in the comments below.
Have something to add to the story? Tell us in the comments below.