Justice Markandey Katju is extremely active on social media, so much so, that he was recently booked for sedition for his comments on Bihar. In a Facebook post, he had asked Pakistan to take Bihar along if it wants Kashmir. “We offer you Kashmir but you should take Bihar also,” he had said. People from Bihar were obviously furious at his statement, including Chief Minister Nitish Kumar. “Ghar baithe ‘mai-baap’ ban rahe hai Bihar kaa…(trying to become guardian of Bihar while sitting at home),” Kumar had said.
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
- Hillary Clinton accuses Donald Trump of being Vladimir Putin’s ‘puppet’
- Senior UP Congress Leader Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Missing JNU Student: VC Gives Ultimatum To Students Over ‘Illegal Confinement’
- US Presidential Debate: Donald Trump Calls Hillary Clinton ‘A Nasty Woman’
- Hasselblad True Zoom Mod Review
- Honor 8 First Look Video
- Apple Watch 2: Review, Price And Features
- Delhi HC Dismisses Kejriwal’s Plea For Stay In Criminal Defamation Case
- Gulzar Shares An Interesting Anecdote Behind The Lyrics of ‘Humne Dekhi Hai’ Song
- Diya Mirza Displays Her Painting Skills At An Art Festival In Mumbai
Doesn’t look like that made any difference to Katju, because he’s gone ahead and taken another social jibe and this time it’s about Meerut. It’s Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi’s last day of Kisan Yatra and he was crossing Meerut when the former judge saw his ‘road show’. He couldn’t help but crack a rather long ‘joke’ on the incident narrating Shravan Kumar’s story.
Only things is, he didn’t forget to add the disclaimer this time. “Meerut vaasiyon.This is only a joke. So dont behave like a Bihari and file a sedition case against me,” he wrote.
Here’s what he posted.
Just saw Rahul Gandhi on T.V. doing a road show in Meerut.
Somebody should have advised the poor lad to give Meerut a wide berth. It is well known that one goes bonkers on entering Meerut, as the story of Shravan Kumar illustrates.
Shravan Kumar’s aged parents wanted to go on a pilgrimage. So he put each parent in a basket and tied each basket to an end of a bamboo pole, which he shouldered while on the pilgrimage.
However, as soon as he entered Meerut, he threw down the pole, and told his parents ” I am a young man, and want to enjoy life. Why should I waste my life serving you ? “
His father, who was a man of long experience, immediately understood what had happened, and said ” Son, you have been good enough to carry us till here. Only carry us a short distance more till we cross the border of Meerut. Then you can leave us. ”
Shravan Kumar then picked up the pole and as soon as he crossed the border of Meerut he recovered his senses, and told his parents ” I am sorry Mataji and Pitaji. I lost my senses on entering Meerut. Forgive me. Now I am normal again, and will take you on the pilgrimage “.
So folks, give Meerut a wide berth if you know what is good for you
Meerut vaasiyon.This is only a joke. So dont behave like a Bihari and file a sedition case against me
Well, people have definitely appreciated Katju’s sense of humour, and comments on the post are largely positive…even from ‘Meerut vasis’.