Film-maker Mahesh Bhatt changed his profile picture on various social media platforms to support the #ProfileforPeace campaign on October 1. The renowned personality urged ‘Kill Terrorists and not Talks’, along with many others who did not support the banning of Pakistani artistes in India.
“Dear leaders, do not let the actions of a few violent men write the future of many people, like me who want peace. #KillTerroristsNotTalks #ProfileForPeace,” Bhatt wrote in his message to the leaders of both countries.
Feelings of animosity and hatred between India and Pakistan are escalating with every passing day. The deadly attack in Uri, which killed 19 soldiers, have pained and angered a large section of the country. The series of events following it, including the cancellation of the SAARC Summit in Pakistan and the Baramulla terrorist attack on October 2), have made it quite difficult for dialogue, putting a huge toll on ‘friendship’ between the neighbouring countries.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
In line with the existing nationalist/jingoist fervour that’s been on display ever since the announcement of the surgical strikes come through, Bhatt’s picture irked many and leading to the Bollywood producer being slammed for his gesture. People on several social media platforms said no talks with Pakistan and that India should stand first. The reactions by Netizens involved huge profanity and abusive language as well.
Reacting to his post (among others), a counter campaign under #KillTerroristanForPeace also started trending. While some said, “he should be sent to Pakistan” while other asked why hasn’t he condemned the death of Indian soldiers.
However, Bhatt is not alone and many people from both sides are urging to let go of this hatred and war mongering tendencies. People on various social media platforms have changed their profile picture for the campaign #ProfileforPeace, with a message ‘Kill terrorist not talks’. The campaign was started with the intention of spreading peace and love and let the world know all Pakistani and Indians do not hate each other. Ex-navy officer Admiral Ramdas and his wife Lalita too joined the campaign.
Here is how people reacted:
— Nupur (@UnSubtleDesi) October 1, 2016
— Braunwald Health (@BraunwaldHealth) October 1, 2016
.@MaheshNBhatt unlike films,there r no scripts here which u cn change many times! they send terrorists while ‘talking’! real ppl get killed!
— Keh Ke Peheno (@coolfunnytshirt) October 1, 2016
— kamathsuresh (@kamathsuresh) October 1, 2016
— Ashoke Pandit (@ashokepandit) October 1, 2016
— PIKU 🇮🇳 (@TheSherni) October 1, 2016
— Ashish (@ashishtikoo31) October 1, 2016
— Surgical Bumrah! (@Ibleed_sarcasm) October 1, 2016
— Sonam Mahajan (@AsYouNotWish) October 2, 2016
Pakistanis CIVILIANS threw stones at our jawans during Wagah retreat. Tell me again how Pak is bad but Pakistanis are good people. Go on.
— Nupur (@UnSubtleDesi) October 3, 2016
The campaign was started by Mumbai-based Ram Subramanian to urge people around the world to come together and fight hatred.