Legion’s made news by hacking into accounts, but what does Twitterati have to say about it

The accounts of several known personalities have been hacked by Legion this past week, which has given Twitterati ample fodder to chat about.

By: Trends Desk | New Delhi | Updated: December 11, 2016 4:36 pm
legion, legion hacker, legion twitter hack, barkha dutt hacked, ravish kumar hacked, rahul gandhi hacked, twitter accounts hacked, indian express, indian express news Who will be hacked next? Twitterati have suggestions… passwords too! (Source: Thinkstock Images)

The past week has seen the rise of an online hackers group which goes by the name Legion. With the accounts of four well-known personalities and one political party – Indian National Congress (INC) and Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi, business tycoon Vijay Mallya, NDTV journalists Barkha Dutt and Ravish Kumar – hacked, the group has been sharing a fair amount of abusive tweets on Twitter-verse, along with personal account details.

While Gandhi’s and INC’s Twitter hack mostly consisted of offensive tweets with no information being shared, Mallya’s account wherein information about the cars he owned, passwords for his online accounts, his emails were ‘dumped’ on a particular website and the link put on his Twitter for everyone to access. The next victim was NDTV journalist Barkha Dutt, whose Twitter account also gave away personal IDs and passwords and email dumps. This was soon followed by another NDTV journalist Ravish Kumar’s Twitter being hacked.

The tweets by the group on these accounts have all been deleted and the accounts restored, Twitterati have responded to the hacking of the accounts in interesting ways – mostly by telling them why not to hack into their accounts, while others would like their accounts to be hacked in order to gain popularity. On the other hand, they’ve also taken to suggesting which other accounts the group should hack, Legion’s own reaction to the hacked emails and their reason for doing so – all with a generous dose of the tweeple brand of humour.

Sample these

Have anything to add? Tell us in the comments below.

For all the latest Trending News, download Indian Express App

Marian
    Aug 19, 2017 at 11:11 am
    I have to show my gra ude to captain spy (captainspyhacker2 AT DOT Com) for the wonderful service you offered me . Your real dedication to getting the solution to my low credit score throughout became especially invaluable after I have been ripped of many time by fake hackers who claim to understand the job. You can count on him for any sort of hacking job I believe he's a solution to it…..(captainspyhacker2 AT DOT Com)
  2. B
    Ben Moore
    Jul 29, 2017 at 1:14 pm
    I currently have the contact of one of Russia's greatest hackers. He has worked phone me for a good number of times and i have never regret hiring him. He is honest and straight forward. I will share his contact for anyone who needs real hacking services. CONTACT: EMAIL- QuickArturhack Whatsapp- 380683017209 OR KIK-Arturquickhack He offers - hack -Clearing bad records online without trace -Credit score hack and boosting above 700 -Facebook hack, whatsap hack,and other social medias -Phone cloning -Changing grades -hacking and changing medical records -Bank hack and so many other services. Yo will love it if you work with him.
  3. h
    harrywinks04
    Jul 23, 2017 at 3:45 pm
    I just caught my cheating partner. I am thankfully to my co-worker who gave me the contact of a reliable hacker. I caught my cheating partner through the service of internetexpert04 . He works with discretion and delivers fast, he does all sorts of hacks, like hacking phone, computers, emails, social media, changing of school grade and any more. I am very grateful to him for the help, that is why I am sharing this. So if you are in such situation and need help, you can just message him.
    Donal Duke
    Jul 20, 2017 at 5:57 am
    I was able to get the direct contact of one of Russia's best hackers by the name Artur Vitali. A Russian cousin of mine gave me his contact when i needed to hack into a cellphone. He was able to do the job perfectly without raising any suspicions. I was able to view facebook messages,Whatsapp messages,Email,text messages and viber. If you really need help with hacking, contact Artur on EMAIL- QuickArturhack Whatsapp- 380683017209 OR KIK-Arturquickhack He also offers services like - hack -Credit score hack -IP tracking -Clearing criminal records -Changing university grades -Retrieval of lost documents -Prevents you from being hacked -Bank transfers and many other services i can't mention them all.
    sam nguyen
    Jul 17, 2017 at 6:37 am
    Thanks to Jonah Asher at thewhitehathacker09 ,i was able to get into my fiancee's facebook as well as her acct,also got hold of all of her phone logs,text messages to discover she was a cheating liar,Dude's work is top class.hit him up for any hack related issues as well as bank tf's.clear dmv records aswell as credit report fixing,clearingcriminal records,blank atm's,school score upgrade.THEWHITEHATHACKER09 ...sam referred you cuz he's real private.
    spider hackers
    Jul 16, 2017 at 2:56 am
    spider hackers Grades changing is important if you can reach out to spiderhackers95 Our Services are School Grades Credit Fixing Transcript Fixing Password and email Retrieval Hack into any Database or s Identification of Cheating Partner or employee Hack Social Network These will be done swiftly without trace of any kind. PROBLEM SHEAR IS PROBLEM SOLVE just try and contact spiderhackers95
  7. b
    bryan_stature
    Jun 19, 2017 at 4:05 pm
    When i had issues with my fiance i was really depressed and people around me started to notice my at ude i couldn't hold it anymore so i decided to spit out my problem to the world then a friend introduced me to 2017worldwinninghacker 1-609-551-0564 he told me he helped him clear his criminal records and he can handle any kind of hack I reluctantly messaged him and he told me not to worry as my problem will be solved while doubting he hacked into my fiance phone and i realized the massive secrete behind my fiance cunning at ude. His work is cheap depending on what you want to do and and without trace. You can contact him on email and text at 2017worldwinninghacker Call me on 1-609-551-0564 He Specializes in all of the following: hack into email accounts and trace email location all social media accounts, school database to clear or change grades, Retrieval of lost file/do ents DUIs company records and systems, Bank accounts,Paypal accounts Credit cards hack
    Patricia Pendergrass
    Jun 13, 2017 at 4:56 pm
    I've been duped a lot when it comes to hiring the services of a hacker but I finally met Cyberhackgenius at hotmail dot com. I read many blogs about Cyberhackgenius hotmail and I decided to verify if they are legit or not. My cousin also told me he helped her hack into a . It turns out they are and really affordable. I contacted Cyberhackgenius at hotmail dot com or text here 1(916) 6742172 and he hacked my wife's phone and social accounts at a very affordable cost.