Chaiwalas have taken over the Internet right now. The profession is certainly making more news now than ever, even more than when the humble career of Prime Minister Narendra Modi came to light. As PM had once highlighted the strength and power what a ‘chaiwala’ can do.
So now, interestingly the focus is not on ‘chai pe charcha’ but ‘charcha on chaiwala’. Only about a week ago, a tea-seller from Pakistan took to fame and became an Internet sensation for his looks. The blue-eyed boy even secured a modelling contract and was reportedly offered a film too.
But the latest chaiwala from India, who has grabbed people’s attention on social media, isn’t being talked about for his looks but his business strategy. Of course, running a thriving business requires more than just selling tea.
Twenty-three-year-old Syed Khadar Basha of Ballari, Karnataka, came up with a brilliant plan to give free Internet to his customers for 30 minutes. And quite unsurprisingly people loved it.
Who needs a free Jio connection with that much of a hassle, Basha provides unlimited Internet for just Rs 5! The formula is simple, buy a cup of tea and he hands over a coupon with the Wi-Fi password that’s valid for the next half-an-hour.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
According to a Times of India report, the scheme is a hit and Basha has been witnessing increased footfalls and queues at his shop. Also, “his sales have zoomed by four times since he started the ‘scheme’ in September,” the report added.
Basha, who has studied till class 10 only surely has fetched up an MBA strategy, attracting customers who are mostly college students in the remote town in Siruguppa.
Not free data services but tea vendors and paan walas in and around Delhi too have gone digital. To avoid the daily credit system and keeping a tab on monthly dues, they have opted for digital wallet to end their woes. The small vendors are happily using PayTM wallet to run their like a boss.