Websites like Reddit, Quora etc. have random strangers posting interesting questions and no less interesting answers on them. Though there are certain discussions here that seem funny, there are others that will absolutely blow your mind.
In this case, Harry Key, an American actor who has acted in Indian movies like Dostana, Dum Maaro Dum, Kerala Varma Pazhassi Raja etc., held an AMA or Ask Me Anything session recently on Reddit. Soon, what followed was bringing back the ghost of Kalki Koechlin’s past. And this is in all probability, way before she acted in Dev D.
So, during the session when Key was asked about his favourite movie, one of the movies that he mentioned was Dev D. Just like an afterthought, he mentions in passing how he is friends with Koechlin, with who he once worked in an infomercial. But he did not go into details about the advertisement, because ” I’m sure she’d rather I never share.” It seems, none of the actors who worked in that advertisement were very proud of it.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
Other users were however, quick to put one and one together and figure out which infomercial was he talking about after all. After coaxing him a bit, Key gave in too, and as it turns out, it was called ‘The Powerful Swing Massager’ and the actors apparently agreed to do it after they were told it will air only in Saudi Arabia.
People were then quick to look up the infomercial video on the Internet, and there it was on YouTube, waiting for this one day of tough luck to befall on the actors who were tricked into acting in it. Though when you look at it now, it seems funny, but Koechlin who is known for essaying her roles with perfection, managed to be nothing less in this one too!
Yes, we thought it was funny too, and so did she. A Twitter user brought this to the notice of the actress, and she was a sport!
?? oh boy I haven’t laughed at myself like this in a long time! http://t.co/nrMD0JV2Al
— Kalki Koechlin (@kalkikanmani) October 13, 2016
So now that Koechlin has endorsed it too, will you want to buy the ‘The Powerful Swing Massager’? Let us know in the comments section below.