On the Indian Internet today, Pierce Brosnan aka James Bond is trending and not because he has signed for another Bond film but because he did an advertisement for Pan Bahar, a popular brand of pan masala in the country. This ad was welcomed by people early in the morning as a full page appeared in a national daily.
Not just a still, he has also done a video for the same wherein he can be seen pulling his Bond-like stunts using the small tin-pack. And it’s hilarious to see him utter ‘Pan Bahar’ in his Irish accent. “Pan Bahar. Class never goes out of style,” he says. What’s more interesting is that he doesn’t flick open the can and taste what he is promoting, at least in the ad. Does he even know what it is? asked some on social media.
Also, it’s not the first time he is promoting an Indian brand. Brosnan has appeared earlier in ads for Reid & Taylor. Reportedly, the idea behind getting him on board was that Bond is an epitome of perfection and this one is the best of all pan masalas available.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
Pan Bahar has earlier been endorsed by Feroz Khan, Fardeen Khan and Saif Ali Khan and it has also drawn flak for health concerns.
Neverthless, this came as a shock to many who can’t stop jokin about it on Twitter and it has practically left people in splits.
pic.twitter.com/EjWdy1XTDU Brexit has hit MI5 so hard that it’s agents are advertising for pan masalas in India.
— अंकित 🇮🇳 (@indiantweeter) October 7, 2016
Bond is now famous Pan-India pic.twitter.com/HfCoOCxhGi
— The-Lying-Lama (@KyaUkhaadLega) October 7, 2016
— Surgical Maithun (@Being_Humor) October 7, 2016
When the brand ambassador is also a satisfied consumer of the product, he puts down his signature. You mean Pierce Brosnan chews Pan Masala. pic.twitter.com/IqLVZFVv0K
— Sagar (@sagarcasm) October 7, 2016
Pierce Brosnan is the new brand ambassador for Pan Bahar. Yes, James Bond wala Pierce Brosnan. I have no joke. Nothing to say. Speechless.
— Hardik Rajgor (@Hardism) October 6, 2016
Played James Bond.
Endorses Pan Bahar.
Licensed to kill.
— Ramesh Srivats (@rameshsrivats) October 7, 2016
We have Pierce Brosnan endorsing Paan Bahar. Soon we’ll have Emma Watson endorsing Lijjat Papad and I can die in peace.
— Shivam Shukla (@Shivam013) October 7, 2016
After that Pan Bahar ad by Pierce Brosnan we need a sequel to his bomd movie which should be titled “The world has had enough”
— Dead Mau5hi (@AdvancedMaushi) October 7, 2016
Have something to add to this story? Tell us in the comments below.