The Guinness World Records has seen some people doing absolutely bizarre and unusual things to get into the coveted book. But what some of the most beautiful women in the film industry recently did was do ab exercises while trying to break a previous record. Bollywood stars Jacqueline Fernandez and Kalki Koechlin joined hundreds of other women to break a Guinness World Record of “Most people to hold the abdominal plank position” for 1 minute. Sakshi Malik, freestyle wrestler and Olympic-medallist also joined the actors at the event.
An abdominal plank is an effective exercise for a toned body, abs and improved balance and posture. Reportedly, hundreds of women decided to break the previous record, and while at it, also showcase collective “#girlpower”. Reportedly, musician Anushka Manchanda, Everest sisters Tashi and Nungshi Malik, supermodel Ujwalla Raut also participated, among others. Organised by sportswear brand Puma’s ‘Do You’ campaign, the women gathered together on November 6, this year reportedly, at Mumbai’s Banda Kurla Complex.
According to some reports, the total number of women who participated in the event was 1,623. Indianexpress.com could not independently verify this number.
— Sucheta Pal (@SuchetaPalZumba) November 6, 2016
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
While speaking to Mumbai Mirror, Fernandez said the goal is to inspire confidence in young girls, encourage them to express their inherent beliefs, follow their instincts, find their best self, and be who they are, unapologetically.
The actress also disapproves of body-shaming and people trying to desperately lose weight. “Our bodies shouldn’t feel punished when we try to lose or gain weight. It’s only when the body is happy and satisfied that we inch towards fitness,” she said.
A video shows the actress prepping up for breaking the record and showing just how important fitness is.
Internationally, the movement is lead by top supermodel Cara Develingne.