Twitter is abuzz with images of several bundles of pink-and-white notes posing as the new Rs 2,000 denomination that the Reserve Bank of India reportedly intends to release into circulation soon. According to an October report, RBI has already completed preparations for introducing this high-value note into the Indian market soon.
Though indianexpress.com could not independently verify if the photos doing the rounds on social media are, in fact, leaked photos of the actual notes or a hoax, Twitterati seems to be enthusiastically sharing the pictures on the micro-blogging site.
The news follows a The Hindu Businessline article, dated October 21, which said the notes have already been printed at the currency printing press in Mysuru and they were already being dispatched. Nevertheless, there has been no official diktat from either the government or RBI regarding the issuing of any such banknote denomination.
So far, the highest denomination of note printed by RBI has been the Rs 10,000 note way back in 1938 and then in 1954. Currently, the highest denomination under circulation is Rs 1,000. Though, there has been a demand from certain quarters that both Rs 1,000 and Rs 500 denominations of banknotes be demonetised in order to prevent hoarding of black money.
For today, there seems to be much excitement in the World Wide Web regarding the possibility of a Rs 2,000 banknote coming soon. Check out some of the tweets:
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
1 st in india
? 2000, New Note Relise By Reserve Bank of India pic.twitter.com/AmoHYmfKEJ
— Sai Harsha AAdhf???? (@allusaiharsha) November 5, 2016
New 2000 Rupees notes, will be available in a fortnight’s time
Aur yaha 1000 ka note jeb mein aye arsa ho gaya pic.twitter.com/JJaWog4cFI
— Mohit Gulati ???? (@desimojito) November 5, 2016
— Sanjeev Kamboj (@kambojOffice) November 6, 2016
What do you make of these tweets? What do you think will be the impact on the Indian economy, should such a Rs 2,000 denomination be introduced? Tell us in the comments below.