On October 7, many woke up to Pierce Brosnan aka James Bond staring at them with Pan Bahar’s tin-can in his hand as he appeared in its ad published in a national daily. Indian Internet trolled him mercilessly and he was trending on social media through the day. He also did a video for the company wherein he can be seen pulling his Bond-like stunts and concluding with the statement, “Pan Bahar. Class never goes out of style.”
A lot of people on social media asked if he even knew what he was endorsing referring to tobacco content. Many were disappointed with him endorsing a product that’s ‘injurious to health’.
Responding to these comments on social media, the company has issued a statement saying that Pan Bahar is a Pan masala, a mouth freshener, and has no tobacco content present in it. They even shared a certificate for the declaration of no tobacco and no nicotine.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Here’s what they wrote:
“As we support our country’s ‘Make in India’ campaign, we are proud to have Mr. Brosnan on board and would like to thank him for lending his image for the short film of Pan Bahar and taking the brand to next level while making it classier with his elegance and style. There is rave on social media regarding the new (ad) however we believe there is lack of awareness about the product that Mr. Brosnan has done a short film for – a Pan Masala (Indian mouth freshener) which has Betelnut, Lime, Catechu, Cardamom seeds, Sandal wood oil, and Kewara in it and there is NO Tobacco No Nicotine content in this product. Also confirming there is no tobacco product under this brand name… attached (is) the certificate for the declaration of NO Tobacco, No Nicotine from the brand. We need to convey the same to media so that they are aware of the fact before publishing any negative comments.”
Have something to add to this story? Tell us in the comments below.