Have you been made fun of for taking selfies? Have you been told that it is an utter waste of time and an absolutely unnecessary narcissistic indulgence? Then, let this be an inspiration for a fitting response to all of them! Because those selfie-taking skills can actually make you famous. Don’t believe us? It’s true!
American boy band New Kids on The Block singer Donnie Wahlberg set a new Guinness Book record by clicking 122 self-portrait photographs or selfies in just 3 minutes! He reportedly achieved this while on board the New Kids on The Block cruise in Cozumel, Mexico, as he went on a clicking spree with guests.
With this, Wahlberg broke the record of Aruba, a digital enterprise company based in Singapore that clicked 119 snaps in September, this year.
According to the Guinness World Records website, this was not Wahlberg’s first attempt at the getting the title. He had previously tried to break the record while on-board last year’s New Kids on The Block cruise, but that didn’t quite go according to plan. Determined to not give up, he tried again and the rest is now part of Guinness Records history! A YouTube video shows excited fans on the cruise standing in a line and getting selfies clicked with the singer one after the other.
Sarah Casson, Guinness World Record judge, was on board to present him with the official certificate confirming his feat.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
To all those people smirking at you taking selfies, you can now hold your head high and give a befitting reply!