A girl’s call for help kept Delhi Police on their toes on Sunday night. However, when “rescued”, it turned out that she had called just for fun.
The Police Control Room received a call that said that a girl was shouting for help in a Maruti car going towards Dhaula Kuan, a senior police officer said.
The traffic police at Dhaula Kuan was alerted and they immediately put barricades. Based on the car number given in the flash, they intercepted the vehicle and detained two men identified as Sonu and Joginder, the officer said.
The boys, who were handed over to local police, said they were friends with the girl and she had cried for help just for fun.
“It turned out to be a bogus call. The girl and the boys were friends and they were drunk. They were returning from a party and just for the sake of fun, the girl cried for help. They were let off and there was no case registered,” a senior police officer said.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Later, the team of three policemen — Sub Inspector Sanjay Panghal, head constable Ravinder and constable Balraj — who intercepted the car were rewarded by the commissioner for their work.