India’s 9/11 of 2016 was filled with confusion, panic and sadness and, of course, with a tinge of horror. It’s not everyday that you suddenly turn penniless with lots of cash in hand, right? Well, the news of devaluation of Rs 500 and Rs 1,000 notes may have left many dumbstruck, but it’s in trying moments such as these that humour provides that comic relief to help tide over a difficult situation such as this.
Three days of relentless efforts to exchange some of the useless cash for something worthwhile, standing in queues that last three to four hours at the least, giving people enough time to come up with a series of brilliant jokes, memes and videos. In fact, as the days go by, the humour quotient only increases, a sample of which can be regularly seen on social media. From jokes on black money, to memes about the brand new pink notes – WhatsApp ho ya Facebook, we are rich!
While many tried to furnish details on what to do with all old Rs 500 and Rs 1000 notes, others presented hilarious reactions to the announcement — we have seen it all. But, we’ve now moved beyond that, since ‘queue jokes’ and ATM jokes are here to cheer us.
So what would you like? A filmy gif – Amitabh Bachchan of Deewar? Or some Rs 2,000 selfie jokes?
The wedding season is here people!
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
People talking in queue.
What notes are there?
Anything will do. Don’t have money.
They give only 100s
That is okay as long as not 2000.
— #DestroyTheAadhaar (@Vidyut) November 13, 2016
We are never too old for some nursery rhymes.
Everything is incomplete without some Rajinikath jokes!
There are loads of Modi jokes
— Abhishek Singh (@cwabhi) November 13, 2016
“Dur dur tak ek bhi branch ya atm khaali nahin hai…” pic.twitter.com/XjPSTyIURa
— The-Lying-Lama (@KyaUkhaadLega) November 12, 2016
Some filmy dose?
— Nistula Hebbar (@nistula) November 13, 2016
When I told my family “Aap log new notes etc ki tension mat lo, is mahine ghar ka kharcha main chalaunga” pic.twitter.com/ThlrKmrVrJ
We did not forget the miseries of the bank employees either
For our new Pinky!
— Rachna Agarwal (@rachnagrawal) November 13, 2016
Preparing for bank queue and ATM fights?
— Satvik Patel (@DrSatvikPatel) November 13, 2016
Friend: Bhai atm se paise nikle araam se ?
— The Viral Fever (@TheViralFever) November 12, 2016
— JaiD (@iJaiDeep_) November 11, 2016
Have some more jokes to share with us?