Delhi pollution: Arvind Kejriwal shares pictures of lungs on Twitter, post goes viral

By: Express Web Desk | Published: December 11, 2015 3:37 pm
Source: Twitter/ Arvind Kejriwal Source: Twitter/ Arvind Kejriwal

The Delhi government announced its odd-even formula in a desperate attempt to curb city’s pollution which has reached an alarming level. The strategy is drawing a lot of flak for ‘lack of a concrete plan on its implementation.’ But Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal is trying hard to convince people on how important it is to take the issue seriously. Today, he posted a picture on his Twitter account which shows a healthy and an unhealthy lungs of a person from Himachal Pradesh and Delhi respectively, both the persons belong to the same age group.

“These pics sent by Dr Trehan. Left pic -Lung of a 55yr old from HP. Right pic- Lung of a 52 yr old from Delhi,” he wrote.

While the CM is undeniably right about the pollution causing respiratory and other health problems, the practicality of this measure is being questioned. Other measures to be taken by the government include vacuum cleaning of Delhi roads, shutting down of power plants and initiate the use of bicycle.

The tweet has been retweeted over 2000 times in a couple of hours.

For all the latest Trending News, download Indian Express App

1. Y
    Youj
    Dec 11, 2015 at 6:06 pm
    Brahmin Jokers Party(BJP) is afraid the odd-even formula will become a success.
    (0)(0)
    1. B
      Brahmin_Anarchy
      Dec 11, 2015 at 6:03 pm
      All those who oppose AAP are all PERVERTED BRAHMIN. PROOF: Look at the names and their comments.
      (0)(0)
        DOWNLOAD_AAP
        Dec 11, 2015 at 6:01 pm
        Go ahead Kejriwal. Just ignore to brahmin scoundrels who are the real anarchists who are bent on destroying India.
        (0)(0)
          aam aadmi
          Dec 12, 2015 at 9:31 am
          When Arvind Kejriwal met Mohammad Tughlaq in a dream, he told him, “Sir, now I have realized my mistake.” Tughlaq asked him, “Kejri, what mistake?” Kejri replied, “Sir, I was wrong in thinking that women-driven vehicles also cause AIR POLLUTION. Therefore, I have now rectified my mistake by exempting women-driven vehicles from the grip of Tughlaqi “ODD-EVEN” anarchy formula.” Tughlaq said, “Kejri, my worthy disciple, I am pleased to see you following in my footsteps. However, I have a doubt. Is it not a sign of running away from giving an “HONEST TRIAL” to the Tughlaqi “ODD-EVEN” formula?” But, instead of answering the query, Kejri hiccupped and ran away in the maze of “ODD-EVEN”.
          (0)(0)
            abhay
            Dec 11, 2015 at 2:27 pm
            First control the dust and loose soil in roads and construction sites. Foothpaths and roads are broken leading to rise of pollutionl. I am sure if this is controlled pollution will come down by 50%. NGT have a order in this regard but it was followed only for 3-4days.
            (0)(0)