Just days after the pigeon was found, Border Security Forces have caught another bird – a falcon this time – near the international border in Anupgarh. According to ANI, BSF sources believe that the falcon probably belongs to Saudi sheikhs who hunt Houbara bustards in Pakistan. Thankfully, the falcon has not been taken into custody or jailed like the pigeon. It has been handed over to the forest department.
On October 1, the security forces in Pathankot arrested a white coloured pigeon with “suspected Pakistani links” and locked it up in a special cage. Reportedly, the pigeon had a message attached to its leg written in Urdu. “Modi Ji we are not the same as were in 71 — Jaish-e-Mohammad,” it said. The officer assigned to take care of the pigeon happily posed with the special prisoner, a picture that was tagged funny on social media. The pigeon who became really famous was even taken to be scanned for SIM card or other devices.
However, Society for Prevention of Cruelty to Animals in Amritsar, Ashok Joshi said that it’s possible the pigeon that was caught was not trained because it’s not easy to get them to deliver messages. The pigeon’s fate will only be decided after the investigations are over.
Meanwhile, this is what people on social media had to say about the caught falcon
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
— Zoya Rasul (@zoyarasul) October 20, 2016
@ANI_news hahahah poor bollywood army
— WaQaS Rocky (@Waqas_rocky721) October 20, 2016
— Shilpa Kannan (@shilpakannan) October 20, 2016
@ANI_news falcons cant bribe. So they are arrested.
— Sharique (@shariquenomani) October 20, 2016
After pigeons now spy Falcon , India shd do better ! http://t.co/5nfYDoDAaf
— MOHSIN NAWAZ (@ask_not_why) October 20, 2016
@IndiaToday Pak talks about atomic weapons, plays with falcons?
— K.C.Arora (@dhartiakash) October 20, 2016
Have something to add to the story? Tell us in the comments below.