In what be called irony of the decade, popular actor Alok Nath – who is famous for his ‘sanskari character’ in pop culture – became the butt of jokes on Twitter again after the news of his son Shivang Nath getting a ticket for drunk driving reached the Internet.
Reportedly, Shivang was returning from a birthday party in South Mumbai with three of his friends, when the police signalled his car to stop for over-speeding. He tried to flee from there, only to be chased by the police. When caught, it was found that the young man had consumed more alcohol than what is permissible.
“Shivang slowed down and lowered his window but before he could say his name he fled. There was a male sitting in the front and two women sitting behind. The accused has been booked for drunk driving, not possessing a licence and disobeying police orders, and we have collected a deposit of Rs 2,500,” Mumbai police spokesperson was quoted as saying.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
He appeared in front of the magistrate on Tuesday afternoon and was let off with a warning.
But, what would otherwise have been passed off as just another incident, became a Twitter phenomenon when jokes about his father started erupting online. Thanks to the sermons on ‘sanskar’ the actor has been giving through his film’s characters – the typical ‘babuji’ roles – Netizens couldn’t help but refer to those yet again. Given the abundant sanskari memes already online, THAT wasn’t all that difficult.
Take a look.
Alonk Nath’s son booked for drunk driving.He is so sanskaari that he doesn’t know what is drink & drive.So couldn’t teach his son😂 #AlokNath
— harshil kakaiya (@harshilpk) October 5, 2016
Babuji in a fix between Sanskaar and Son’s Car 🚗 @aloknath
— NAVNEET (@navneetsingh18) October 4, 2016
He wasn’t drunk on alcohol, it was Ganga jal #AlokNath
— commonlyrare (@jayshanx) October 4, 2016
Alok Nath’s son was caught for drunken driving? What a shame. If he was so drunk, he should have gone home sans-car. #sorry
— Nigel Britto (@NigelBritto) October 4, 2016
Alok nath’s son’s car left a scar on his sanskaar. #ghantasakaara
— prashanth (@pdloveschelsea) October 4, 2016
Aloknath: kal raat tumne Drunk Drive ki?
Son: Babuji Woh main Panch Amrut Piya tha
Aloknath:Dekha ise kehtein hain Sanskar#Aloknath Returns
— ShariefZz (@khader_sharief) October 4, 2016
Overheard in office elevator: Alok Nath’s son was high on Patanjali panchamrit
— Pratik Prasenjit (@pratikprasenjit) October 4, 2016
Now, we really feel for the actor, who seems to have gotten stuck with this label, but it seems the sanskari tag has become the albatross around Alok Nath’s neck.