Prime Minister Narendra Modi seems to inspire children a lot. Remember Harshvardhan whom he had mentioned during his last Mann Ki Baat address? The boy had started studying three hours extra daily in the hope of contributing to the nation in his own way. Unfortunately, however, Harshvardhan became famous on the Internet for all the wrong reasons.
But in a heartwarming gesture, a 10-year-old student from Chennai, inspired by Prime Minister’s Clean Ganga Project, contributed Rs 1,000 towards the mission. And what’s will melt your heart is the the fact that the boy, G Shashank, had won the amount in a school competition. He sent the money along with a letter in which he wrote “Ganga is a religious river” and we should do everything in our capacity to protect it. He also wrote that he uses everything “natural” and doesn’t use plastic or polyethene bags.
The letter and the money sent by the kid reached the PM who acknowledged it’s receipt and appreciated Shashank for his effort. In a letter sent to him by the Under Secretary, it was mentioned that the “Prime Minister appreciates this thoughtful gesture and conveys gratitude” and that “this valuable contribution will be of immense help”.
The information was shared by a Twitter user who claims to know the boy through a friend.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
— Tarun Shukla (@shukla_tarun) October 24, 2016
Have something to add to the story? Tell us in the comments below.