When this woman ordered a box of chicken wings from Domino’s she definitely didn’t expect the free side-dish that came with it. Identified as Selena Avalos, from San Jose, California, the woman thought she was getting a regular delivery box, only to discover being the unexpected finder of a bundle of $5,000 that had somehow ended up in her box.
Following the adage of honesty is the best policy, Avalos got in touch with Domino’s about the cash. According to a Telegraph report, the woman was surprised, though, about the length of time the restaurant took to get back to her and take the cash.
“I was like, I can’t keep it, it’s a crazy amount of money, it’s not like it’s $20 you find, you know. It’s almost $5,000,” she reportedly told ABC7.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
Domino’s collected the money after the restaurant manager got in touch with Avalos and arranged for it to be picked up. Not only that, as a show of appreciation, Avalos now gets a year-long supply of free Domino’s pizzas.
As if that wasn’t enough (and honestly, we think it wasn’t!), Avalos’ employer has given her a week off with pay for her honesty!
Well, all this may not still be worth the $5,000 she gave back, but she’s definitely earned herself a place in today’s honesty hall of fame, should anyone ever decide to create one.