All eyes around the world are trained on the US presidential elections that are under way. Will it be Republican Donald Trump or Democrat Hillary Clinton? The voting has already begun and soon the leader of the ‘free world’ will be decided. But is America ready to let go of outgoing president Barack Obama? Doesn’t look like it.
Millions of Americans took to social media to share their feelings of despair at the thought of Obama not being the president any more. Apart from political achievements as a president, Obama, during his eight-year tenure, came to be known as the “people’s leader”, someone they could connect with. He played around with kids on basketball fields, surprised his employees with birthday cakes, happily shocked a bride by showing up at her wedding, and has shown a great sense of humour, empathy and compassion at all times in public.
Contrary to that, Americans have Trump and Clinton to choose from, both of whom have do not have a great public image especially after the election campaign and presidential debates. Trump is notorious for being sexist after his controversial comment on ‘women being easy if the man has the money’ (among many others), and Clinton’s leaked emails became another big controversy during the run-up to the elections, though sh was later cleared by the FBI.
Nevertheless, people are going to miss Obama a lot of they have no qualms venting out their despair online.
Obama it’s been real I’m going to miss you so much 😢❤ pic.twitter.com/AUa3bmnhPp
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
— Tiana🍯 (@ArizonaTiana) November 8, 2016
I’m going to miss President Obama. I don’t care who knows it. This guy was once in a lifetime.
— Chris Rocky (@chrisrockyoz) November 8, 2016
Swear to God I just saw tears in Obama’s eyes, for a Second..but they were there. Man I will miss this man who saved us from a Great Depr. pic.twitter.com/wR7jtzSEFX
— Free bird (@TearsInHeaven09) November 7, 2016
Dear @BarackObama, as you might be avaible in May next year, would you mind to run for being the next President of France ?
— LaDiv von Paris © (@ladivadeparis) November 8, 2016
Thank You Barack Obama for 8 years & showing us we can achieve anything we put our mind to. Thank you for serving our country 🇺🇸❤️ pic.twitter.com/wREAbUunRn
— • princessD❣ (@BlasianAnna) November 8, 2016
Lord, I just want to thank you for 8 years with Barack Obama. He will go down in history as the greatest president the U.S has ever seen. pic.twitter.com/nU1A7ldgqa
— Ël (@Luxuexx) November 7, 2016
.@barackobama but do you really have to leave?
— BEEZ (@bugattibeez) November 6, 2016
I remember writing an essay for my Social Studies class saying that I’ve always wanted Barack Obama to be my godfather 😂😂😂 and I still do.
— ellise👣 (@mssyclst) November 8, 2016
— UziShi (@UzmaRS) November 8, 2016
Please, don’t go. pic.twitter.com/CpWI6hFD0e
— Walta (@waltiabe) November 7, 2016
And well he said it!
Everyone write @BarackObama on the ballet and call it a day❗️❗️❗️
— C.Whetro© (@chad_whetro) November 8, 2016
Have something to add to the story? Tell us in the comments below.