In today’s world where social media dominates the way you think; every time you take a picture, the first thought that comes to mind is whether it’s good enough to put up on Facebook, one tends to constantly live in a virtual world. Hair colourist Ursula Goff brings home the point of how people are so involved in building their virtual image that they almost ignore living like the regular person behind those ‘perfect photographs’ and ‘perfect life’.
Goff posted two pictures that were taken a few days apart. One without her hair and make-up done and another all decked up. She looks completely different in both the pictures. “I think it’s important to note that lighting, angles, facial expression, and make-up make a huge difference in photography and presentation,” she wrote.
Goff spoke of the pressure one unconsciously feels to keep pace with the virtual world full of people showing how amazing their life is. “Social media can make it easy to feel like everyone else is awesome and perfect all the time, but that’s really never true. We should keep in mind that behind every pretty face or perfect lifestyle is a regular person, and that there’s really no point in comparing amongst ourselves because this is all cultivated,” she added.
The colourist, through her post, also urged people take a moment and look for the real self amidst a made-up world because, “In reality, nothing is perfect, life is messy, and people are flawed”.
He Facebook post has gone viral with over 16,000 shares and 30,000 likes. Goff later shared the post on Instagram.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More