The general image that forms in our minds when someone mentions a cop is that of a tough, grim and gun-wielding person in uniform. An incident in Indiana, United States however, shows how the police are much beyond the tough guys that they are perceived to be. Precious Cornner-Jones, an officer with the Indiana State Police and a mother of three, saw an upset little boy participating in a rally at school.
The boy was so upset, that he threw himself to the floor, Cornner-Jones wrote in a Facebook post. Instead of asking him to behave himself, which is what most elders do when they assume that a child is being stubborn, she stretched herself out next to the boy and lay next to him, comforting him.
This heart-touching moment was captured and Cornner-Jones posted it on her Facebook page along with her touching post.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Read the text of her post here.
“I’ve been asked WHAT WAS GOING ON IN THIS PHOTO:
While supporting my Pastor Preston T Adams III and some other great men at school 88 yesterday with the High Five Rally this happened. This little fella was having a rough morning and fell out on the floor. I saw his mother step back and look. She stated this is how he is expressing himself lately. I decided to get on his level and talk to him. He started to cry so I wiped his tears and told him it will be ok. As an adult sometimes all we want is one person to stop, get on our level and maybe wipe our tears. These children are entitled to bad days just as us, so give them that moment to bring it together. Get on someone’s level today and make them smile!! Spread PEACE and LOVE you might be that person that gives them hope!”
Reportedly, when Cornner-Jones spoke to the boy’s mother, she said he’d been expressing himself this way of late. She stayed there lying with the child for several minutes, until the boy got up and started smiling.
“It wasn’t a cop moment,” she told ABC News. “It was a mother moment.”
Cornner-Jones’ heart-warming post has since then gone viral and has been shared over 700 times at the time of writing.