A Subway customer says he found a dead mouse in a sandwich at an Oregon restaurant.
Matt Jones says spotting the mouse at the restaurant last week was the funniest thing he ever saw and the most disgusting.
- Aum cult members face execution for Tokyo subway gas attack
- Families in Food: A Taste of Old Poona
- Elon Musk says Hyperloop will give pedestrians priority over cars
- Authorities: Eight dead at south China subway construction site
- Before you dig into your favourite Subway sandwich, here’s a reality check
- Subway displaces McDonald’s as largest global restaurant chain
He tells Portland’s KGW-TV his friend wanted spinach on his sub. The employee scraped some from a bin and plopped it on the bread. There was shock on both sides of the counter.
Lincoln County health director Cheryl Connell says an inspector studied the rodent and the bin, and looked for droppings elsewhere in the restaurant. She says the rodent likely arrived in a bag of spinach.
Subway declined to identify its spinach supplier. It issued a statement saying the restaurant was thoroughly cleaned and the customer given a refund.