English and cricket seemed to have quite camaraderie these days, not because the game originated in England but because cricketing legends have been playing an amazing game off-field on social media.
As the Netizens are always excited for a Twitter match between Virender Sehwag and Piers Morgan, rooting for Sehwag’s witty strokes and Morgan’s grammar policing, another legend rose to fame for his English, sadly ending up being trolled.
Pakistani bowling star Shoaib Akhtar on Monday (October 24) took to Twitter to share a message. However, it had everyone clean-bowled as they struggled to comprehend what exactly the ‘Rawalpindi Express’ meant.
Akhtar tweeted: “Honour of meeting the first lady of Pakistan who concerned Mount Everest with her share will proud of you Samina ..like the whole country.”
Confused? Well, we are just as rest of Twitteratis are. The speed-star may have fired away his message just as he fired his deadly balls at batsmen and surely the language was cleaned bowled!
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
But, as we say, everything has a funny or happy side to it, people across borders laughed and trolled the Pakistani star. For once people of India and Pakistan got over Fawad Khan and the surgical strike in unity to make sense of Akhtar’s tweet.
Soon, the tweet was deleted by the ace bowler, however, the damage was done. Picture of his tweet has made an equal impact and people are left in splits. Some even sought help from Morgan.
Here is how people from both countries reacted:
Surgical strike by Sohaib Akhtar on English speaking Pakistanis. No casualties till now. pic.twitter.com/XYY8KVzEBv
— The Viral Fever (@TheViralFever) October 24, 2016
@shoaib100mph concerned ? share will ? whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?
— Iqra Arif Khan (@iarakhan) October 23, 2016
— Sumit (@Zugzwang_20) October 23, 2016
— Pankaj Mishra (@pankajmishra23) October 24, 2016
— Sand-d Singh (@Sand_In_Deed) October 24, 2016
— Akshay Jain (@ComedyBanda) October 24, 2016
Q. What is common to Partition and Shoaib Akhtar’s tweet?
A. It left India in splits
— Avinash Iyer (@IyerAvin) October 24, 2016
— भुरगो भयंकर! (@Nautankibaba) October 24, 2016
@TheViralFever thank god Shakespeare died before reading that
— Saransh Gehlot (@saransh2703) October 24, 2016
However, few hours later Akhtar again tweeted the same message and finally it all made sense
In d inspiring company of Samina Baig,1st Pakistani woman 2 scale
Everest. It wasn’t an expedition but a statement pic.twitter.com/fZwmaUaE5v
— Shoaib Akhtar (@shoaib100mph) October 24, 2016
Have something to add to the story, tell us in comments below.