Poland has given an absolutely beautiful reason for its people to love cycling more and embrace a healthier lifestyle. The country now is home to a glow-in-the-dark cycle path near Lidzbark Warminski. Created by TPA Instytut Badan Technicznych Sp. z o.o., the luminous strip is made from a synthetic material. The best part, however, is the path does not require any electricity or batteries to charge it. Rather, it emits light for over ten hours at a time after getting charged by the light of the sun during the day.
Apparently, the idea behind this luminous cycle path has been inspired by Studio Roosegaarde’s Starry Night bike lane in Netherlands. The importance difference between the two however, is that while the one in Poland charges itself using the abundantly available solar energy, the Van Gogh’s Starry Night bike path is dependent on LEDs.
While the Polish cycle path is still in its testing phase, the news is sending ripples throughout the world, owing to the sheer brilliance of the concept. It is not just using a readily available energy innovatively, it is also giving a reason to embrace the healthy habit of cycling.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
A video shows the makers of the path talking about the effort that went into its making and how beautiful the glow-in-the-dark cycle path looks in the night, all thanks to some brilliant creativity and the ever-so-kind sun!
Want to see how the Netherlands’ Starry Night bike track looks like? A video shows how absolutely stunning it looks.
Do you think India should experiment with this innovative idea as well? Tell us in the comments section below.