All that glitters is not gold we remind ourselves, but forget all ads are not true depictions either. A New York resident was not only disappointed but furious when the KFC Family Bucket did not live up to what was depicted in the ads. The woman, identified as Anna Wurtzburger, accused the leading fast-food brand of “false advertising”.
A New York Post report said, Wurtzburger – unhappy with the “half empty bucket and “small pieces” of chicken – called up KFC’s Georgia headquarters to complain. In return, the 64-year-old widow – who termed the meal as a ‘rare treat’ – was told “the chicken was portrayed prominently on the commercial so that the public could see the chicken”.
According to the report, “They say it feeds the whole family … They’re showing a bucket that’s overflowing with chicken,” the retired lady grumbled. “You get half a bucket! That’s false advertising, and it doesn’t feed the whole family. They’re small pieces!”
“If you want the public to look at your chicken, put it in a dish. It’s a lot of BS. … I expect to get what you’re telling me,” a fuming Wurtzburger told the daily.
Annoyed by the incident, she hired a lawyer and filed a lawsuit against KFC, demanding they change their ‘false’ ad. Also, for the $20 bucket, she has demanded a compensation of $20 million!
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
According to reports, Wurtzburger was offered two gift certificates as an apology, but the lady would have none of it.
While a Metro UK report said KFC has called the charges “meritless”, we have to wait what unfolds in this bizarre case.