Michelin-starred chef’s restaurant slapped with Rs8.6 crore fine, after a wire was found in a dish

This is one mystery ingredient, you definitely don't want in your dish!

By: Trends Desk | New Delhi | Published: November 2, 2016 6:31 pm
restaurant serves wire in dish, wire in michelin-starred chef's restaurant dish, man finds wire in dish, restaurant fined 8.6 crores after man finds wire in dish, bizarre, bizarre restaurant wire in dish, french restaurant wire in dish, indian express, indian express news, trending globally Michelin-starred French chef Daniel Boulud’s db Bistro Moderne in Manhattan has just been slapped with a Rs 8.6 crore fine! (Source: Thinkstock Images)

When you don’t feel like cooking and head to a restaurant, chances are you would have already decided to what to order, especially if you are a foodie. And when your steaming, delicious food is served up, how utterly disappointed will you be when you see a stray object in the dish? Repulsed, would definitely be one of your reactions. Betrayed, another.

Here, we are not talking about any restaurant. It’s Michelin-starred French chef Daniel Boulud’s db Bistro Moderne in Manhattan that happened to serve a Coq au vin with a piece of wire in it! Now, when we say the restaurant is owned by a Michelin-starred chef, the expectations of the couple itself probably would have been that of good food, commendable service, impressive ambiance, etc. Just that, it wasn’t quite.

See what else is making news 

Barry Brett, who was dining with his wife, noticed the ‘mystery ingredient’ only after the wire got lodged in his throat. He had to undergo an immediate surgery afterwards.

The carelessness of the restaurant could have caused terrible loss to Brett, whose lawyers argued that the wire eventually caused an infection that could have very well developed into something fatal.

The surgeon who treated Brett reportedly said the 2.5cm long wire piece had come from a cheap grill brush.

According to The Guardian, a New York jury ruled in favour of the couple recently when they fined the restaurant $1 million for being negligent and awarded Brett $300,000 – that’s around Rs 8.6 crore! – for the damage he incurred.

For all the latest Trending News, download Indian Express App