Remember the Pakistani chaiwala everyone with a digital presence insisted should be offered a modelling contract? Well, lo and behold, that is exactly what’s happened. Thanks to the massive attention Arshad Khan, the blue-eyed chaiwala, got from Netizens, one of Pakistan’s online shopping and fashion websites has signed him on as a model.
In case you’d forgotten, and let’s be honest you really didn’t and probably just want to see that picture once more, here’s the photo of Khan clicked by photographer Jiah Ali that went viral.
Well, fast-forward a day, and it’s like a the script for a blockbuster rags to riches movie. When Khan had been approached by the local media, he said he was keen on working in movies, and though that might be in the offing, the Fitin, quickly sensing an opportunity to tap into the commercial potential of featuring Khan, got in touch with him and got him on board. The etailer made the announcement on its Facebook page.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
“Chai wala is not more chai wala now he is fashion wala!
After http://www.fitin.pk sponsorship
Many news channels have contacted him for interview .
We are launching our full version after the successful beta launch and
Arshad #chai wala will be working for fitin as a model,
Fitin.pk is the first Islamabad based online shopping store providing the fastest delivery and money back guarantee on all product, unlike other traditional stores we at fitin.pk use our own riders for delivery and we let our customers check their order on delivery before paying. We bring 100% secure and fraud free online shopping for the first time.”
In an interview, Khan shares what he thinks of the fame that came calling.
This was accompanied with a series of pictures of Khan, looking dapper in a suit. Certainly, he was chaiwala no more! Ironically, though, now that the transformation had happened, there were quite a few who posted comments such as “he has ordinary looks, not that good looking”, “Spoiled is Better word actually destroyed his image he looked like the true face of pakistan which ppl cud relate to not anyother west inspired freak”, “Just proves how fake modelling is. The guy looked just great making his Cha. Now he looks plastic”. But the negative comments are just a few, amid the barrage of wishes that are being sent his way.
Khan’s already had his first photo shoot, and the Fitin website already features three top carousels with his photos. Sample this:
What do you think of this transformation? Tell us in the comments below.