Not everything is always rosy in a relationship. Often, a people who are together eventually realise that they want different things from life and part ways. Many a time, break-ups happen because partners fail to understand each other’s expectations and end up hurting one another, instead of being happy. Essentially, love and relationships are complicated and it’s not always easy to appreciate a person as he/she is, and accept them with all their virtues and flaws. But when people actually find the ones they think they wholeheartedly love, this is what happens.
Meet Ryan March, UK-based tattoo artist who wrote a letter to his fiancée Kalie Wright’s ex-boyfriend for letting her go, so he could find her and appreciate her the way he couldn’t. The letter posted on his Facebook in March this year went viral and was recently shared on Reddit, where it has been shared over 35,000 times, at the time of writing.
In his letter, he thanks the man for walking out of his fiancée’s life and hurting her, otherwise she wouldn’t have met him.
Here’s what he wrote.
To the man who let her go,
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Thank you. Thank you for walking out of her life, for leaving her. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to love her, do things that would make her happy, to really keep her. Thank you for hurting her. If not, she wouldn’t have learned something valuable. I will try my best to not cause her pain, for it hurts me to see her cry. I will do all the things you failed to do for her like be there for her when she feels so alone, prioritize her and not make her feel like she is just an option, listen to her stories, rants and complaints no matter how bizarre or cliche they might be. Give her time and affection even when she is not asking for it. I will take care of the girl you failed to appreciate. I will love the girl you took for granted. I will do anything to keep her and make her stay. I will love her for all that she is, and will support her in anything that she wants to be. I will be the partner you failed to become for her. I will be the man who will never make the same mistake that you did. I will never let her go.
Takeaway from this: If you find somebody who loves you as much, just go with them!