It is hard to predict what will get people hooked on the Internet. But once they do take a fancy to something, there is no stopping the tweets and retweets and shares and reshares that follow. Be it the blue and white dress that took the World Wide Web by storm or the Photoshop battle of Obama and Putin’s ‘death stare’, there were also those countless spot the cat, bear and whatnot.
The latest obsession started quite harmlessly – much like they all do – when a Twitter user, @Larose419, posted a picture of her nails that she had just got done. It all sounds quite normal, except that there was something unusual about the photo. Only four of the five beautifully manicured fingers were visible, so where did the fifth one go? While many were amused at the trick, others mastered it and started posting them on her wall.
The picture particular got great attention from France and soon she was bombarded with French messages, asking what the mystery behind just four fingers was! Many users also got confused while others started decoding it. However, this was NOT funny to her! She failed to understand the French posts and could not understand the jokes made at her expense.
Countless four-finger posts flooded Twitter and her original picture went viral. Thousands of users since then have been posting their own version.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
As the mind-blogging picture went viral, people wanted to know how she achieved it. When contacted by Buzzfeed, she revealed her secret and showed how it is done. The user added that she was double-jointed (having unusually flexible joints) and the picture was meant for friends who already knew that. However, her harmless joke got the Netizens around the world way too excited and she became a meme!
just got my nails done💅🏾 pic.twitter.com/6ojfjLcYEU
— Omo kekere (@Larose419) October 31, 2016
And it triggered many a brain-storming session
Something is missing here, but I can’t put my finger on it 🤔 http://t.co/wTeN6Z5tWu
— CheekzAwb (@DaReal_Marsta) October 31, 2016
Somebody better explain this shit right now man :// I don’t like this at all http://t.co/Y6oYkAbE4N
— Zack (@ZackFromCsun) November 5, 2016
If she double jointed or four-fingered?? I don’t care man I just want to know the truth😭 sick of the lies😭 http://t.co/nv5UAMtUjF
— A (@GrandeSass) November 5, 2016
Am I trippin or is she missing a pinky?😳😳 http://t.co/20A6kFSsRl
— Jenni✨ (@jenniferp0428) November 5, 2016
The French attraction!
“Why does she only have four fingers?”
Pourquoi elle a que 4 doigts? http://t.co/gphXhdIF9K
— younes (@wwLeaven) October 31, 2016
— angry canjeelo™ (@versacejabi) October 31, 2016
— chaima du rif (@ShaLhm) November 1, 2016
“OK BUT WHY DO YOU ALL HAVE FOUR FINGERS I WANT TO KNOW”
— 🌙 (@djazairocma) November 1, 2016
At first she did not quite enjoy the fact that her picture went viral
I’m getting roasted on twitter by a whole bunch of french people rn & i can’t even laugh at their jokes coz i don’t understand french😔
— Omo kekere (@Larose419) November 1, 2016
— 💁🏻its just nisi 🍗 (@BrennenTeylor) November 5, 2016
And a Twitter war on who’s is better!
— Adamso (@lebon_adam) November 1, 2016
— chaima du rif (@ShaLhm) November 1, 2016
⚡️ “The internet had a field day with this woman’s four-fingered hand ” oh my god😹 http://t.co/wWQNqn3gLt
— Omo kekere (@Larose419) November 5, 2016
Yes, the emoji was finally appropriate!
— An ancient alien 👽 (@zaphraud) November 5, 2016
So do we even really need the 5th finger.? Cuz her shit look semi normal.! http://t.co/CjrH4U2tNt
— ✝ (@itsasiamariah) November 5, 2016
— Kelly (@ilovemusiclots) November 5, 2016
And the mystery unfolded
— BuzzFeed News (@BuzzFeedNews) November 5, 2016
Once the language barrier was crossed, the user who identified herself as Vicky started enjoying herself. How doesn’t like being famous. She now has been retweeting several pictures and commenting about nail colours and manicures.