A dog has won the first place in the UK’s best dressed competition after his dress sense and hairdo had “striking resemblance” to Republican nominee Donald Trump. Spud, a three-year old boxer from Lancashire in England, dressed in a pinstripe suit and silk blue tie and with a wispy fringe, he beat off dozens of rivals to take first place in the competition.
The show, hosted by an online retail firm Banana Moon clothing, saw dogs line up in their best outfits for the chance to win the title, the Daily Mirror reported. Spud beat off his competitors after his dress sense and hairdo reminded the judges of the Republican candidate Donald Trump.
“The UK’s Best Dressed Dog competition attracted 82 fabulous entries, all of which were worthy winners, but it was Spud who was chosen due to his striking resemblance to Donald Trump and the fact that his photo made everyone in our office laugh,” Alex Grace, managing director at Banana Moon clothing, said.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
However, although his owner described her pet as the “class clown”, he managed to escape the show without controversy. “Spud is chuffed to bits to have won. He’s like the class clown, very popular with his friends, but doesn’t usually win first prize in anything because he’s too busy not taking anything seriously,” Spud’s owner Diane Goulding said.
“He loves praise, especially when he’s called handsome. Winning best dressed is an honour,” Goulding said. Finalists included Isobella the Lurcher from Leeds, who was dressed in a red hat and coat combo, Stanly the Chihuahua from Kent who dressed in a superhero costume, and Buddy the miniature poodle from Hackney, east London.
“As an online provider of personalised dog clothing, we decided it would be fun to launch a hunt for the UK’s Best Dressed Dog,” Grace said. “The competition was inspired by our own three dogs who love nothing more than wearing their jumpers,” he said.
“Although being dressed up might not be enjoyable for all dogs, there are plenty of pooches who love it, our office dogs included,” Grace said.