Just as we’re somewhat dealing with the ‘locker room’ conversation US Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump seems to have had about how he treats women, there comes an equally shocking news from the other end of the world – China. According to report by People’s Daily, China, a company that sells home brewery machinery necessitates that its female employees kiss their boss each morning!
The company, in Tongzhou District, Beijing, reportedy reasons that this practice enhances the corporate culture and unites its staff.
According to the news report, over half the company’s employees are women, who are required to gather together every day between 9am and 9.30am to kiss their boss. A video showing the morning ritual was subsequently released, which has elicited a lot of outrage online. In spite of the reluctance for the daily ritual, almost all of the female staff members eventually gave in to the demand in order to hang on to their jobs. Till date, only two members have reportedly refused to participate, and eventually resigned.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
There was no mention in the report on how the company’s male employees are required to ‘unite with other staff members’!
The genesis for the bizarre ceremony apparently came from a similar practice in a company in the US. The head of the company claimed to have travelled abroad and witnessed a similar ritual in the US, where it generated “great cohesion within the company whereby the boss and his female staff could bond together like fish and water”.
Here’s a video of the morning ritual that was tweeted out by People’s Daily China.
— People’s Daily,China (@PDChina) 8 October 2016
Reactions to the video and news have been largely negative, while some have quipped about taking inspiration from Trump. One said, “What rubbish is this? No person should be forced to kiss another. Boss using his power over staff. No longer gesture given freely”, while another tweeted, “This is what happens when you graduate from Trump University ;)”
What do you think of this practice? Tell us in the comments below.