In a bizarre incident in the UK, a chicken was taken into police custody after it was spotted crossing the road in the middle of rush hour. Police in East Marketgait, Dundee, were called to an incident in which the feathery bird was spotted wandering across the tarmac in the middle of rush hour.
It was seen in the morning recently and officers arrived after drivers reported the endangered hen. The chicken was “giving passing motorists cause for concern,” Tayside Police Division police was quoted as saying by The Mirror. Officers managed to capture the lone bird and take it back to the station.
On Facebook, the police said, “The Scottish Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (SSPCA) has been contacted and will be attending to take care of the chicken until the owner is traced.”
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
“Police are appealing for any information as to why the chicken was crossing the road,” police said.
Tayside police posted an appeal on Facebook in a bid to find the chicken’s owner. It was soon shared by more than 1,000 people and dozens of locals commented. Although not particularly helpfully.
“I think it was being egged on by someone,” a netizen said. Another predictably commented: “To get to the other side.”