Have you ever flipped through the pages of a high-end fashion magazine and wondered how beautiful the women and men on these pages look? How good their shoes are, how flawless their skin is, how absolutely proportionate bodies they have been blessed with? And then, with a sigh keep those magazines aside and look at yourselves, feeling a lot less happier than you felt before getting your hands on the magazine. Then perhaps, you are not alone. A lot of people have felt their confidence dip after seeing the near-perfect figures that feature on magazines.
This video could put things into perspective for people. The clip shows two popular fashion magazines, which have 426 pages and 244 pages each. After tearing away the advertisements and paid content pages, it shocking to see 364 pages out of 426 and 158 out of 244 pages removed! Yes, it seems most of these magazines are more like product catalogs. They are the glossy sheets that tell you are not good enough and that something’s wrong with you. These brands feed on people’s insecurities, thus making them feel incompetent.
Not just us, popular culture shows how even celebrities, who are admired and looked up to for being beautiful, are subjected to measures like Photoshop, because how else can they make the masses believe that if their favourite celebrities look like this, they should totally aspire to be like them too, or rather their photoshopped versions.
This creation of negative body images throughout these years have resulted in many lifestyle disorders in women such as anorexia and bulimia etc.
The video goes into depth to give an insight about the way these brands and magazines manipulate their readers.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
Let these fashion magazines not dictate how you ought to be looking. It’s time you believed you are beautiful!