After the video of a man throwing a dog mercilessly from the rooftop went viral, people on social media were outraged at the animal cruelty and a case was registered against the culprits who have been identified as Gowtham Sudarshan and Ashish Paul.
Gowtham, who allegedly threw the dog, is a final year MBBS student in a private medical college and the video was captured by Ashish.
Shravan Krishnan, who has been looking into the matter with animal rights activist Antony Rubin and few others, posted the status identifying the culprits.
Rubit also posted saying the crime scene from where the dog was thrown has been identified but both the culprits are on the run.
The case was registered to find the two and immediate action was requested, after which the T13 Kundrathur Police station swung into action.
- Video: Internet is trying to find the man who tortured this dog
- Chennai: MBBS students who threw dog from terrace to pay Rs 2 lakh fine
- Hyderabad: Five minor boys burn 3 puppies alive, record video
- Chennai dog torture case: Two accused suspended from medical college
- Chennai dog torture case: Two arrested, canine out of danger
- Medical student throws dog from terrace, friend uploads video on social media
In the video, he looks into the camera, lifts the dog by holding on to its skin and drops it after getting the animal onto the parapet wall. The dog is shown falling on the ground wailing. It is, however, not known if the animal is dead or alive.