As the debate surrounding Triple Talaq and uniform civil code intensifies, a woman from Dattotar in Madhya Pradesh has reportedly written a letter in blood to the Chief Justice of India describing how she and her daughter have been harassed for dowry and how her husband abandoned her after triple talaq.
Shabana, Hindi daily Dainik Bhaskar reported, said she does not want to be a burden on her parents and does not wish to live life like this. She wrote that a life like this is like a thousand deaths and appealed for permission to end her and her daughter’s life.
Shabana was married to Tipu Shah and, according to the report, wanted to work after she completed a nursing course. However, her husband wanted her to work in the fields. She also claimed Shah has married again.
According to the photo of the letter posted by Hindi news website, Patrika, Shabana wrote she was married to Shah as per Muslim rituals on May 25, 2011 and has a four-year-old daughter, Tahzeeb with him. Shah divorced her giving triple talaq and informed her that he has “no interest in her”. Shah married another woman on November 19, 2016.
In her letter written in Hindi, she also added that she vehemently opposes the Muslim personal law, for which the future of her and the child have been ruined. She added that she has faith in Indian judiciary and hoped that many women like her would get proper justice.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
Shabana said she does not want to be a burden on her parents and does not wish to live life like this. She wrote that a life like this is like a thousand deaths and appealed for permission to end her and her daughter’s life.