Parents can punish their children in numerous ways to teach them a lesson, but to chain them up to a lamppost! Well, that’s just another level of trying to discipline one’s kid altogether.
Pictures of a little girl chained to a lamppost in a car parking complex have gone viral. According to reports, the incident occurred in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Images of the eight-year-old child in school uniform sucking her thumb and standing have created rage on social media.
According to reports, the mother of the child is being investigated for the ‘cruel’ act. Malaysian Outlook reported that the residents noticed the girl and alerted the police. When the police came in to enquire what had happened, the girl said she was being punished by her mother for misbehaving and refusing to go to school.
Hearing that her mother would return soon to unchain her, the police waited at the scene. After 10 minutes, the lady arrived and admitted she had punished the girl because she often refused to go to school.
The police ordered the mother to unchain her immediately and took the duo in custody and “were brought to the Subang Jaya district police headquarters for questioning,” the report added.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
The Star Newspaper of Malaysia quoted, Assistant Police Commissioner Mohammad Azlin Sadari saying: ‘We established that it was the first time the girl was chained.” The police released the mother with an strict warning to her not to repeat it ever again.
Though it was not clear for how long the girl was tied to the chain, the pictures circulated on social media suggest it was taken after school hours. With a ping bag lying at a distance and blue water bottle near her feet, it has pained Netizens of the world and many questioned how could the mother not be punished.
ACP Sadari however, said officers were investigating the case under a local Child Act dealing with neglect and exposure of a child to physical injury, the report added.
The images have generated a lot of buzz online, with people getting outraged on the mother. “A mother put a vulnerable child in danger. Who knows what could have happened if someone with evil intent had come across her, she would have had no chance of escape!!” one person said, while another said, “Can’t imagine what went on inside the child’s little mind as she stood there chained.”