More than 120 people were killed in separate terrorist attacks in Paris on Friday night. The Islamic State has claimed responsibility for the 26/11 style attacks.
As people around the world expressed solidarity with France, a few openly voiced their concerns about Islam on Twitter. Most were Islamophobic, a few went on to the extent of reciprocating the attacks with violence.
Thousands also came out in support of Islam and Muslims, condemning the intolerance and asking others to refrain from attacking one religion.
- World Book Fair 2018: Ahmadiyya Muslims are here not to sell books but to spread a message
- France football team to pay tribute to Paris attacks victims
- Paris attacks: Skype, Google to allow free calling to France
- Paris attacks: World lights up in colours of French flag to express solidarity
- Paris attacks: One of the eight terrorists identified as Omar Ismail Mostefai
- LIVE: Massive search underway for 2 armed suspects in France; SIT questions Shashi Tharoor’s wife, NN Vohra recommends Governor rule in Kashmir
Those who are against Islam
— Cristina Laila (@cristinalaila1) November 14, 2015
ISLAM IS A CANCER, RADIATION IS THE CURE pic.twitter.com/dbI8mcTSNe
— RussVet1 (@RussVet1) November 14, 2015
— Amy Mek (@AmyMek) November 14, 2015
Strike back at Islam. Run into your local mosque with 20 pounds of pork sausages strapped to your chest. #MuslimsAreNotTerorist
— Bob Kostic (@causticbob) November 14, 2015
Obama gets it wrong again. #Paris was not an attack on "values we all share." The problem is a big part of Islam does not share our values.
— Andrea Tantaros (@AndreaTantaros) November 14, 2015
— Michael A Nöthem (@mikandynothem) November 14, 2015
Messages of support for Islam
The perfect response to people who blame Islam for ISIS http://t.co/DcPNPEp1yF via voxdotcom
— Reza Aslan (@rezaaslan) November 14, 2015
— Zohaib Nawaz Tarar (@ZohaibTarar) November 14, 2015
— Tehseen Poonawalla (@tehseenp) November 14, 2015
— Ramiz Raja (@RamizRaja42) November 14, 2015
— Doğuş Eser (@OmuzEser) November 14, 2015