Remember the constable Manoj Kumar’s patriotic poem, “Kashmir to hoga, Pakistan nahi hoga (Kashmir would remain, Pakistan would not)” that went viral after Uri attacks in which 18 Indian soldiers were killed. Kumar, posted on Facebook that he has received a death threat from the ‘enemy’ but he doesn’t fear and will continue to fight in the same spirit. He also shared screenshots of the messages he recieved.
According to the screenshots, he received the threats from a Facebook user called Farman Khan who said that if given an opportunity, the man would kill Kumar with his own hands. In another message, a man named Bilal Ahmad abused Kumar while criticising him for his poem.
The officer’s poem had won the Internet when he sang, ‘Siyar bhediye se dar sakti singhon ki aulad nahi, bharat vansh k is paani ki hai tumko pehchan nahi‘, which literally translates to ‘the children of lions will not be afraid of the wolves, you do not know the waters that flow through our country.’
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
And well, his response to the threats was similar. “Friends, I have been receiving threats from the enemy. I am glad they’re shaken. Someone even wants to kill me. But I swear on my land, martyrs, that I will face them head on if ever I come face to face with them,” he wrote in Hindi.
His post has gone viral on social media and people across the country are puring support with ‘we are with you’ messages on his Timeline.
Watch his video here:
Have something to add to this story? Tell us in the comments below.