Jammu & Kashmir Minister for Health & Medical Education Choudhary Lal Singh has landed in yet another controversy for touching the collar of a woman doctor, four months after he faced accusations of harassment from another woman doctor.
A picture of Singh holding the collar of the woman doctor has gone viral on social media, with many criticising his conduct as a minister. Attempts to contact Singh, a BJP minister, failed. His party is yet to react.
- J-K: BJP leader Ashish Sareen poses with AK-47, Facebook picture makes party disown him
- Hoist national flag in Lal Chowk before PoK: Farooq Abdullah to Centre
- Himachal Pradesh elections: With Congress 'stars' busy in Gujarat, Virbhadra Singh wages a lonely battle in state
- Removal of Article 370 only viable solution to J-K issue: BJP
- Ally BJP tells PDP to review J-K holiday list
- In J-K, Opposition parties target BJP ally PDP after Mohan Bhagwat's speech
Singh, who defected from Congress and joined BJP ahead of the Assembly polls last year, was elected from Basohli in Kathua. Prior to his joining BJP, Singh, a two-time Congress MP and MLA, had during the 2014 Lok Sabha polls compared PM candidate Narendra Modi to a low-breed dog.
The picture showing him holding the collar of a woman doctor, sources said, pertained to Singh’s visit to Lakhanpur on Monday to check arrangements for Amarnath pilgrims. During a visit to a medical camp, he noticed that the collar of the doctor was not in place. Singh then fixed the collar, said an official, adding that there was no protest from the doctor.
In February, Singh had rebuked a woman doctor for not wearing apron during the inauguration of a hospital. The doctor had accused him of causing mental harassment.