Even before he took over as the country’s Defence Minister, Manohar Parrikar, who has served as the chief minister of Goa, is quite well-known for his humility and simple lifestyle. In a country where VIP culture remains deep-rooted along with abuse of power, Parrikar, an IIT graduate, often travelled economy class and moved around without extensive police escort when he was the CM.
- Goa ruled by BJP, Kerala by rogues, says CM Manohar Parrikar
- Panaji bypoll results: Manohar Parrikar has won, but the story lies in the margin of defeat
- Bypoll results highlights: AAP wins Bawana, BJP wins Goa seats, TDP wins Nandyal
- Facebook, WhatsApp will be misused ahead of Goa by-poll, cautions Manohar Parrikar
- Shiv Sena slams Manohar Parrikar over his alleged remark on returning to Defence Ministry
- BJP complains to EC of 'fake news' ahead of bypoll in Goa
Well, it seems his lifestyle hasn’t changed much even after taking over the prestigious Defence Ministry.
A Facebook post accompanied by pictures of Parrikar standing in a queue among the public at a wedding in Pune is rapidly going viral. Kiran Chitnis, who has uploaded the pictures, wrote that his mother bumped into the Defence Minister when she was attending the marriage of her childhood friend’s son.
He goes on to write about how Parrikar stood in a queue and mingled with the public without an air of superiority.
“What hasn’t changed is Manohar bhai’s humility in his journey from being my home state’s chief minister to the defence minister of our Nation. Standing in queue without any chamchas, no sense of air or superiority when mingling with public are just few of his immense qualities,” wrote Kiran in his post.
He added that the Defence Minister attended the function as a simple guest and kept his security personnel outside the venue.
The post, which has been ‘liked’ by more than 11,000 people and shared by 10,000 others certainly has brought Parrikar a lot of admirers.