Marking the 124th birth anniversary of Dr. Bhimrao Ramji Ambedkar, Google on Tuesday changed its doodle to an image of the revolutionary Indian leader.
The doodle is featuring in 7 countries apart from India across 3 continents, including Argentina, Chile, India, Ireland, Peru, Poland, Sweden and the United Kingdom.
- Who was Rukhmabai Raut?
- Google Doodle celebrates Rukhmabai on her 153rd birth anniversary
- Moving towards greater diversity, Google doodle now features more women achievers than ever
- Hole punch history: Google pays tribute to this humble device on its 131st anniversary with a doodle
- Google Doodle honours Anasuya Sarabhai, India's first woman union leader, on her 132nd birthday
- Abdul Qavi Desnavi, the prolific Urdu author, honoured in today's Google Doodle on 87th birthday
The doodle which shows an image of Babasaheb is a tribute to the Father of the Indian constitution who was a front face in the Indian freedom movement and an ardent social reformer who stood for Dalit rights and women’s empowerment.
Ambedkar who passed away in 1952 had made an unparalleled contribution to the formation of India. Various Indian politicians also took this occasion to pay their respects to the late leader.