Marking the 124th birth anniversary of Dr. Bhimrao Ramji Ambedkar, Google on Tuesday changed its doodle to an image of the revolutionary Indian leader.
The doodle is featuring in 7 countries apart from India across 3 continents, including Argentina, Chile, India, Ireland, Peru, Poland, Sweden and the United Kingdom.
- Google Doodle: What is Pi day and who discovered it?
- International Women’s Day 2018: Google doodle celebrates 12 incredible stories
- Google Doodle celebrates Gabriel Garcia Marquez’s 91st birth anniversary
- Google Doodle celebrates writer-activist Mahasweta Devi’s 92nd birth anniversary
- Har Gobind Khorana’s work honoured with Google Doodle on his 96th birthday
- Mirza Ghalib’s 220th birth anniversary: Google Doodle pays tribute to legendary poet
The doodle which shows an image of Babasaheb is a tribute to the Father of the Indian constitution who was a front face in the Indian freedom movement and an ardent social reformer who stood for Dalit rights and women’s empowerment.
Ambedkar who passed away in 1952 had made an unparalleled contribution to the formation of India. Various Indian politicians also took this occasion to pay their respects to the late leader.