Following in line with their Mother’s Day 2015 doodle, Google put out an animated doodle to wish dads across species a happy Father’s day.
- Hole punch history: Google pays tribute to this humble device on its 131st anniversary with a doodle
- Studio for Electronic Music celebrated in Google Doodle
- Who is Selena Quintanilla?
- Teacher's Day 2017: Google celebrates with an adorable animated doodle
- Like mother's day, Google doodle illustrates 'Cactus daddy' to celebrate Father's Day 2017
- Father's Day 2016: Google doodle and how did it all started
The animated doodle shows the father-child relationship with a male penguin protecting its egg, a pup imitating his dad, kittens perched on a cat’s back and a human kid surprising his had with a gift.
According to the doodler, Olivia Huynh, all these images are meant to portray the “universality of familial love.”
Father’s day is celebrated to honour fatherhood and it’s influence on society on the third Sunday of June in most countries.