We have often celebrated and highlighted how civic officials such as the police and firemen help go well beyond the call of duty to help people around them, but when a civil servant brags about a wrong-deed it certainly hampers the respect and trust that is otherwise associated with the community.
According to a report by the San Antonio Express-News, a police officer in Texas, US, was fired after he allegedly attempted to feed a homeless guy a poop-sandwich. “This was a vile and disgusting act that violates our guiding principles of ‘treating all with integrity, compassion, fairness and respect,’ San Antonio Police Department Chief William McManus said in a prepared statement, the website quoted.
The report added that the crude incident occurred in May when Officer Matthew Luckhurst, a five-year veteran of the department, bragged to his colleagues. “The officer reported that he told Luckhurst to go back and throw it away. The officer said he saw Luckhurst go back and he assumed that Luckhurst discarded the container,” the presser added.
The City Council was informed about the incident on Thursday, while Internal Affairs of the department was notified in July. Several city council members have supported the decision of the chief and applauded him for these efforts to build a good relationship with the homeless community.
However, the accused officer’s attorney said it was a simply joke that was blown out of proportion and his client never committed such a deed. While the police have failed to locate the particular homeless man, the incident has created a great outcry in the city as well as on social media.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
@CBSNews good now he needs to be prosecuted not just fired miss trust of governmental uniform need to be held accountable
— malik (@m7779311) November 6, 2016
@CBSNews It’s time ALL police pass ongoing psych exams to stay on the job the way airline pilots must pass medical exams
— BillMason (@AxManBill) November 6, 2016
@nypost Why are some people so filled with hate?
— Marianne (@flipsville) November 5, 2016
— Val (@MolenaVal) November 5, 2016
@nypost WTF this is one of the good cops right? There are no bad cops right!They need to be weeded out from with in.They know who they are
— Charles St. George (@StgeorgeCharlie) November 5, 2016
This world..this country has become so evil an mean towards other humans its
Sickening. And Embarrassing. Taste it first cop.
— paris storm (@stormyinfl) November 5, 2016
Have something to add to this story? Tell us in comments below.