For the first few minutes I thought Twitter had been acquired by Facebook. That was before the mail sunk it, Twitter has just resigned its profile page.
All similarities to the Facebook aside, the profile page carries a larger cover photo, new locations for the profile picture (left) and who to follow (right). The space for tweets has also become wider, which means you get to see larger pictures and the abuses from trolls in bigger point size.
Twitter has started the rollout of the new pages and has listed some of the celebrities already using the new profile page, among the US First Lady Michelle Obama and actor Channing Tatum.
Discovering tweets on profile pages has also become easier as you now have headers for Photos/Videos and Favourites. Also, tweets that have a higher engagement will appear slightly larger. Also, like Facebook pages, you can pin tweets to the top of the page.
The new features will be rolled out ever to everyone over the coming weeks, however new users will start with the brand new profile page.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016