For the first few minutes I thought Twitter had been acquired by Facebook. That was before the mail sunk it, Twitter has just resigned its profile page.
All similarities to the Facebook aside, the profile page carries a larger cover photo, new locations for the profile picture (left) and who to follow (right). The space for tweets has also become wider, which means you get to see larger pictures and the abuses from trolls in bigger point size.
Twitter has started the rollout of the new pages and has listed some of the celebrities already using the new profile page, among the US First Lady Michelle Obama and actor Channing Tatum.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Discovering tweets on profile pages has also become easier as you now have headers for Photos/Videos and Favourites. Also, tweets that have a higher engagement will appear slightly larger. Also, like Facebook pages, you can pin tweets to the top of the page.
The new features will be rolled out ever to everyone over the coming weeks, however new users will start with the brand new profile page.